$35 Martinis At The Dukes Hotel.

It was a bad week. Yes, I wrote about that already... Sorry...

So, after doing some errands, Frogger and I decided (upon the recommendation of Baillie - our co-worker in the US) to end our week by hitting the Dukes Hotel for martinis. Martinis that cost $35 a piece.



But, they were served with such gorgeous nibbles in sterling silver bowls... And I must confess, I am ruined for any other olives. the olives they served us in the bowls were not oily, but a pure dry green... As Frogger said, "It was like someone picked them off a tree in Italy and hand-walked them over!"

They were huge and beautiful. I had never seen olives that beautiful. And I can never again eat any other olives. And the way they made one of the martinis... It was quite the demonstration...

They pull a little side table up to your table. On it is a silver tray. On the tray is an icy cold bottle of dry vermouth and gin, a lemon, a bottle with lemon oil and a frozen martini glass. The server shakes a few drops of the lemon oil into the glass. Then they pour in the gin-vermouth mixture. Last, they slice off some of the peel from the lemon, twist the peel to release some oil over the glass, run the peel along the rim of the glass, and then drop it in. It was so fancy.

If you are ever in London, despite the large cost, I do recommend stopping by the Dukes Hotel for a drink before dinner. It was a lovely experience... Seeing all the financial types at small round tables, discussing business as though they were "masters of the universe"... And the presentation of the drinks, along with the snacks, was just a wonderful way to cap off a stressful weak.

Comments

Dan said…
But how will Mr. Sports react when he sees your expense report?...:)
Me said…
I could expense this????

I wasn't even thinking that! Don't think we snagged the receipt though.
Frogger said…
It was on my credit card, so I'll be the begging for the expense reimbursement
Anonymous said…
A place with amazing bar nibbles always scores high in my book. Those martinis look stellar! It's 10:30am here and I could almost go for one they look *that* good, is that a problem? ;)
Frogger said…
I FOUND THE OLIVES!!!! Grabbed you a tub for enjoying!

Popular Posts